1. Provides services that are ordered by the physician, included in the Plan of Care, permitted to be performed under state law, and is consistent with the home health aide training.
2. is a member of the interdisciplinary team.
3. Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures, including infection control and prevention.
4. Provides hands-on personal care as assigned
5. Reports changes in the patient’s condition and needs to the RN or other appropriate skilled pro tessional
6. Performs household services essential to health care in the home as assigned.
7. Assists with ambulation and exercises as assigned.
8. Performs simple procedures as an extension of the therapy or nursing services. e.g., range of motion (ROM) exercises as assigned.
9. Assists with medications that are ordinarily self-administered as assigned.
10. Maintains open communication with the patient, representative (if any). caregivers and family.
11. Honors patient’s rights.
12. Completes appropriate visit records in a timely manner as per Agency policies and procedures.
13. Attends in-service and continuing education programs as scheduled and necessary.
14. Attends patient care conferences as scheduled.